SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Becoming accredited.

My apologies if this was placed in the wrong forum but I was not sure where to place it.

I run a site called goTitans.com. It is a fansite that has news, stories and more about the Tennessee Titans football team.

My site would really benefit from being able to get press creditials like the local papers receive My question is how does a website become an accredited news source? Is it up to the team to decide or is there some standard involved?

I've asked the Titans and the NFL for information and have gotten no help. Thanks for any help in advance.
    Last edited by 12thManJeff; Feb 1, 2002 at 14:31.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

This is an unusual question, I gotta say.

Hmmmmm

If I understand you well, you want to become an authorized News source for your football team.

I've never had to make such a request. I didn't know you had to be accredited in order to report events.

I don't know how much your laws in Tennessee differ from our laws in Canada, but maybe you only need to establish contact with the team representative that is in charge of spreading the news--a Public Relations person.
    I've asked the Titans and the NFL for information and have gotten no help.
    How did you contact them. You may want to call your team directly and ask them for the man in charge of public relations.

That's the guy that will answer all your questions. Having personal relations with the right person may result in getting some exclusive news. So, no matter what, you want to call them directly. I am sure you'll be well received since you're looking into promoting their team.

PS: when you get your question answered, send me an e-mail at sheriffg@dependablemarketing.com ,
    I am very interested to know how you can do this. And I would like to know if you actually need a license to publish news??
    Last edited by SheriffG.Guirguis; Feb 3, 2002 at 01:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (this post is pure speculation)
    I would have thought that they would have a mailinglist (be it fax or email) of newsagents (no not the shop). so what i would do is jump on the phone, grab hold of somebody in the marketing department and tell them you would like to receive the press releases that they send out to the media.

keep in mind tho that newspapers ect ect tend to have insiders that "leak" the juicy stuff, thats not going to come through on a press release.