User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JS dynamic option

Hi,

I have 3 divs. One div contains a text box and another one contains a dropdown image. and the next div will have set of values which will be hidden on page load. The 3rd div will be displayed if we click on the second one. If any portion of the 3rd layer extents below visible part of the browser, the layer should expand above the text box(1st div) (this mirrors default behavior of traditional drop-down elements). Can anyone please suggest me how to proceed with this?

Thanks in advance
    Priya

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is about hide and show element, you can create the listeners and assign to all the 3 different divs, and the idea behind hide and showing the div is that you modify style display attributes to "none" or "block" or "inline"

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I have done the hide and show implementation. But the 3rd layer should be like drop-down box.If any portion of the 3rd layer extents below visible part of the browser, the layer should expand above the text box. Can you please tell me how to implement this. I have tried to use offsetTop but its not coming properly