User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wwb_99 View Post
    No, critical updates never ask you to download third-party software.

Now, I am no fan of the windows genuine advantage tool. But activation and other such "features" are part of life now.
    Wyatt, in this case it did. If you request a 'custom' update rather than the automatic, it comes up with an "I agree" form from some company other than Microsoft. At first I thought it was spyware on my machine, but the same thing happened after I ran my anti-spy program and then again when I went to the Microsoft update site.

Moreover, it had nothing to do with activation. My copy of Windows was registered the first day I set up my computer.

... and as I posted before, if my copy of Windows was illegal, I would certainly know it. It appears that this update was critical only to Microsoft and a way to invade my privacy.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wierd--I actually was in a bit of a windows update frenzy today and I did not get any wackyness. Might be it was all Windows 2003 Servers, but that does sound odd.

Back to the subject of the thread: that slovenian site I mentioned was made without tool support. It was just a bunch of kids in a dorm room with an XML editor.

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if they'll be receiving any free flights to Redmond.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i find hate is tht on the Silverlight website they say it is cross platform but they support linux stick with flash at least there is linux support

Look Out soon microsoft will be the only software in the world and tht would make them very happy WHY must they try to take over every product or make it their own.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was under the impression that SilverLight is being used for on-the-fly video editing etc. It's more than that??

Brett
    "Lord, beer me strength."

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind, I guess the video editing thing was just a tech demo that they were showing off. SilverLight gives me mixed feelings. I had display issues with several of their tech demos. Hmmmmm, I think I'll pass.

Brett
    "Lord, beer me strength."