SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is a BIN price customary

I have recently posted a website for sale in the market place. It has gotten a couple of bids and quite a few people asking for more info. It feels promising. The question I have is about BIN. I didnít list a BIN price because Iím not really sure how much the site is worth. I figure the whole idea of an auction is to let the market set the price.

Anyways, I am getting a lot of PMs asking me to name a price, or if I have a BIN. I keep responding that I donít, but tell them to make an offer if they like and I will consider it.

Are auctions here normally settled with a BIN price and not with the highest bidder? It seems like a lot of the members expect I have a BIN price, and I wonder if I am missing out on possible buyers because I donít have one.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chris

I did my best to post this in the correct spot. If itís not, kindly move it to the right location.

The I's for intelligent silver trophy iTechno's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey CDA,

Some posts do, some don't, it just depends on the auctioneer. I'm just guessing people are asking for it because they're so eager to wrap your site up, it's impossible to know whether an auction will be more successful due to a BIN or not and if someone is interested in your site, they'll bid regardless of it having a BIN or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    iTechno summed it up pretty well; it depends on the auctioneer. I believe you can watch your auction and set a BIN during the auction too (I think).
    Sara