SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wordpress problem

I am getting wordpress blog own my domain like blog.mydomain.com but I cant do this I got this mesage.
    Credits

Domain mapping is available for 10 credits per domain per year, registration not included. You have 0 credits. You will have to purchase additional credits via PayPal. Note that some forms of payment (eChecks) may take several days to process.
    Possible problem with linkbuildingdir.com

We were unable to verify that blog.linkbuildingdir.com is pointing to WordPress.com. If you own this domain, follow the directions below to get it ready for your blog. If you donít own it, try a different name to see if something else is available. If the domain is available, you may be able to register it with another registrar and then map it to your blog.
    How to fix it

You must make some changes to your domain before we can continue. (Sorry about the technical jargon!) The preferred method is to use the tools provided by your registrar to add a CNAME record. It should look like this:

blog 14400 IN CNAME elegantlinks.wordpress.com.

Each registrar has its own method of adding CNAME records. The important parts of this record are your subdomain ("blog") and your original blog domain ("elegantlinks.wordpress.com").

(If you have already done this it may take several hours for the changes to be recognized here. Please try again in a little while.)
    If all else fails

If you need help, or if your registrar recommends a different solution, please contact support via the Feedback link at the top right of this page. We will help you sort it out.
    What I do please. wordpress work like blogspot or not.
    If any one have experience pls help me
    thanks!

Bananas contain Zinc fonzerelli_79's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use wordpress but i havent used the hosted blogging at wordpress.com

though from the above it looks like you just havent redirected your domain name to your blog

can you post more details
    eg. the domain you own, where its registered etc

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should I contact to my hosting support?

Bananas contain Zinc fonzerelli_79's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im still not 100% sure what your setup is
    do you have access to the domain? if so, where is it registered?

are you using the hosted blogging at wordpress.com or have you paid for hosting. if you have paid for hostng i would strongly recommend uploading the wordpress script from www.wordpress.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wordpress hosting

If you have c-panel, try using fantastico, it really is fantastic

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go to wordpress.org , download the latest version, upload to your site, run the install script, and you're ready to go.