User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DHTML link question

Hello everyone. I'm new on here, and was referred to you all to help answer my question.

I am designing a free web site for a local organization/business. I found some awesome menus on DHTML central that I and the client love. They go great with the design of the website, as well. My problem? The client wants the links to close when you mouse off of the links. I don't know the coding to make it do that. Can anyone help me? Take a look at the website and the coding, and if you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by kmwhipple; Mar 29, 2007 at 12:05.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Error: document.getElementById(obj) has no properties
    Source File: http://www.nwtechonline.com/~kelliew...mede/index.htm
    Line: 120
    That's the JS error I get when visiting your site in Firefox. (IE shows a similar error on the same line).

To get the menu to react to mouse positioning then you need to use the onmouseover and onmouseout events rather than onclick for the master (top) menu items.
    Ian Anderson
    www.siteguru.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are offering the client solutions that you hope to get from forums?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SiteGuru, thanks. I'll look into that.

PepeJeria- Possibly. I plan on fixing the problem, and then showing the client the finished project. If I can't get it to work, or don't like it like that, then he and I agreed to explore other options. But we both like that link, so I was just trying t help him out. I was referred here yesterday by someone on another website. Is that not the right way to do it? If it wasn't, I'm sorry. I didn't know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Pepejeria was thinking about the ethics of getting help from a public forum then using that for your commercial gain. In this particular case you have already stated I am designing a free web site for a local organization/business so I see no fundamental issues with this.
    Ian Anderson
    www.siteguru.co.uk

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. Thanks. Well, now that I know some people don't like me asking for help on here, I probably won't be back, and will just find help else where. Personally, if someone needed help, I'd assume a nice person would help them out with a problem, but I can see there are some people here that don't like that idea.

Siteguru, thanks for your help, so much. I don't think I'll be back here though, so no one else really needs to post here. I won't be back, at least. I've taken the link down.