SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question SELECT Form element above DHTML Component

Hi

I am having a litte problem with my DHTML Components. For some odd freaked out reason, if I have a SELECT form element on a page, and another DHTML popup menu, the menu appears behind the form element but above everything else. I can't seem to get the select drop down box to apear behind the DHTML component. What really gets me is that it is only the SELECT element of a FORM that this happens to.

Anybody out there know whot me'se can do?
    - Pip
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.

SitePoint Enthusiast Fluffy bunny slippers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar problem with a drop menu lapping under a flash logo.

I could never fix the problem and had to change the whole navigation.. I only hope this does not happen to you. I'm sure someone here in the community will know the answer for you.

I can't help on this post sorry..

If you like the look of my slippers you should see my undies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way I seem to be able to avoid the problem is to dynamically hide the select drop down element whenever my DHTML Menu's appear. I personally think this method is a lil inappropriate, but at least one can now see the menu clearly.

I am still waidely open for suggestions. Have a look at the site at http://www.mhg.co.za/

The problem also seems to get worse depending on the version of IE. In IE5 an IFRAME element is above the menus and IE5.5/6 it's just the drop down box that appears above the menus. I think it's time to get back to the document object model references to see if I can fix this. I just think it's a little stupid or microsoft to to layer a form element right infront of the DOM. Unless ofcourse they've had valid reasons for that.
    - Pip
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.