SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to make a site about.

I am at college and i have been given the task to make a website. I need to show examples of good html, a little dhtml and java script, + my own sound file/flash/ani gif files.

I have been give a topic to make the site on but it is pure crap. I have the option to make the site on any thing i choose. What do you think the best topic is to show a good working webpage with all of the above points? Please help....

Gone!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can apply the above points to any site. My advice is to choose something that is interesting to you, then you will have double the fun creating it (if you have fun doing web design that is).

Beer, Skiing and Cheese music would be my choice! Pick something you like.

Glen Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or how about your own made-up company? I was given a project assignment in college before, and I came up with my own made-up web hosting/design company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interests is always a good place to start, that way you get the benefit of researching something you like and working on something you enjoy.

unless your like me and have no interests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would def go with the interests/hobbies thing. If you are not interested in the subject matter, you will loose interest and not put your heart into the project.

I appreciate that the aim is to display the skills of construction, but with rubbish content it's going to loose marks

You could always go down the comedy route too, like an online jokes forum or something like that. Make your tutor laugh, and you are already halfway to a good mark
    Jonnya Freelance Creative
    UK Freelance designer and web developer
    Website | Portfolio | Photoshop Tips