SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking for a worrdpress plugin for photos and tagging

Is there a Wordpress photo gallery plugin that would allow a user to upload photos and then tag each photo into multiple categories? For example, let's say I upload a photo of a female bikini model. I'd like to include the tags or categories of 'model' and 'bikini' with that photo and then have it be searchable.

I'd like to see if there is a plugin for WP specifically before I go outside of the WP community for my gallery needs. Any recommendations? Thx.

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not see one but maybe you will have more luck than I did: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, it's not a wordpress plugin, but i know of an open source app which might serve your needs called Gallery. it's a self-hosted solution with a web-based admin. pretty sure it covers everything you mentioned other than tagging/searching. the features page does mention the ability to add keywords and captions, but nothing about search.

the only actual plugin i'm aware of that's even close to what you want is flickrRSS, over at eightface.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    feistyred is right. The best solution would be to use a separate gallery application -- which offers the features you're looking for -- and integrate it into wordpress. Gallery looks like a good option, but if you're not happy with that, you might have luck searching at HotScripts or SourceForge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, if it doesn't cover tagging, then the app would be out of the question as that feature is needed.

Though, I did some digging around and found this WP Flickr plugin http://tantannoodles.com/toolkit/photo-album/

and it seems pretty robust. Here it is in action.

I'm still trying to figure out if I can include the tagged photos into the search results. I was told that in order for that to happen, the photos have to be part of the database and I'm not sure if this plugin is set up in a way that willl allow for the tagged photos to be searchable.

If anyone here knows about databases to answer that question, let me know. Otherwise, i can ask the owner as well.

Quote Originally Posted by feistyred View Post
    well, it's not a wordpress plugin, but i know of an open source app which might serve your needs called Gallery. it's a self-hosted solution with a web-based admin. pretty sure it covers everything you mentioned other than tagging/searching. the features page does mention the ability to add keywords and captions, but nothing about search.

the only actual plugin i'm aware of that's even close to what you want is flickrRSS, over at eightface.com

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try Falbum. It definitely has the facility of using tags. I've not used it with tags myself but it's an excellent album and easy to update via the Flickr uploading software.
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project