SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help needed on AJAX

Hello to all here.... well this is not really a reply. to the thread... I really need assistance in AJAX... i recently bought the ajax book by Matthew... and I have problems in running my scripts... am new to ajax... i mostly get this error when i run the scripts.... please note that i put all my ajax scripts in the same file path where i run my PHP scripts.... and when i run my ajax it never responds... but instead i get this long piece of error message...

"Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, clutchawks@localhost.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

as you can see i used my email (clutchawks) alongside the server localhost(for my PHP)... and i really dont have an problems with my PHP. but i need to start off with my ajax.. (cos if i can't get it to work... the book i just purchased woud be a waste... i might just sell it off....)
    p.s: i dont know if it maybe a fault due to pop-up blockers on my system that dont allow me to run scripts safely.....

ANY FORM OF HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.... THANX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd recommend starting with a basic <?PHP echo "Hello"; ?> on the PHP page and calling it from your JavaScript XMLHttpRequest. If you can get that working, you can build from there.

Your localhost is able to display phpinfo(), right?
    var me = null;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey thanx.... jtrelfa... just got ya feedback... ama try out and get back to you.....