Hi
I have been studying navigation systems to increase my knowledge of web page authoring. And I found what I think is a good one however there is two lines of the JavaScript that is just making no sense to me. These two lines are marked in Orange in the JavaScript which drives the "Keyboard Accessible suckerfish drop downs" which can be found below. Essentially these two lines either concatenate some whitespace in front they've a members of an array which assigns special CSS classes to either a collection of LI tags or "A" tags. My problem with these lines of code is that it appears to me for all practical navigation systems the drop-down collections of LI tags and "A" tags would have to be at least two which means the condition of length greater than zero would always be met in the necessity for such a statement would be obviated. So I my understanding this line of code and the "Keyboard Accessible suckerfish drop downs" correctly or not. Please enlighten me with your thoughts.

Sincerely
Marc

Code:
sfHover = function() {
	var sfEls = document.getElementById("nav").getElementsByTagName("LI");
	for (var i=0; i<sfEls.length; i++) {
		sfEls[i].onmouseover=function() {
			this.className+=(this.className.length>0? " ": "") + "sfhover";   
		}
		sfEls[i].onmouseout=function() {
			this.className=this.className.replace(new RegExp("( ?|^)sfhover\\b"), "");
		}
	}
}
mcAccessible = function() {
	var mcEls = document.getElementById("nav").getElementsByTagName("A");
	for (var i=0; i<mcEls.length; i++) {
		mcEls[i].onfocus=function() {
			this.className+=(this.className.length>0? " ": "") + "sffocus"; //a:focus
			     this.parentNode.className+=(this.parentNode.className.length>0? " ": "") + "sfhover"; //li < a:focus  
			if(this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.nodeName == "LI") {
				this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.className+=(this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.className.length>0? " ": "") + "sfhover"; //li < ul < li < a:focus
				if(this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.nodeName == "LI") {
					this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.className+=(this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.className.length>0? " ": "") + "sfhover"; //li < ul < li < ul < li < a:focus
				}
			}
		}
		mcEls[i].onblur=function() {
			this.className=this.className.replace(new RegExp("( ?|^)sffocus\\b"), "");
			this.parentNode.className=this.parentNode.className.replace(new RegExp("( ?|^)sfhover\\b"), "");
			if(this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.nodeName == "LI") {
				this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.className=this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.className.replace(new RegExp("( ?|^)sfhover\\b"), "");
				if(this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.nodeName == "LI") {
					this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.className=this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.className.replace(new RegExp("( ?|^)sfhover\\b"), "");
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

// only ie needs the sfHover script. all need the accessibility script...
// thanks http://www.brothercake.com/site/resources/scripts/onload/
if(window.addEventListener) window.addEventListener('load', mcAccessible, false); // gecko, safari, konqueror and standard
else if(document.addEventListener) document.addEventListener('load', mcAccessible, false); // opera 7
else if(window.attachEvent) { // win/ie
	window.attachEvent('onload', sfHover);
	window.attachEvent('onload', mcAccessible);
} else { // mac/ie5
	if(typeof window.onload == 'function') {
		var existing = onload;
		window.onload = function() {
			existing();
			sfHover();
			mcAccessible();
		}
	} else {