SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

generate flash banners with links - from server

I want to do something similar too flashbuttons.com they take your url information and generate the flash and the html for you. Does anyone know how they do this?

This is a topsites type site.

I tried gifs but they dont give me what I'm looking for as far as quality and size. People would come to my site and put in there site id, this generates html with there site id and url included. I would like to do something similar to that but with flash - having one flash for everybody but different links (so I know what site people are coming from).

For a better idea of what Im talking about its here, with gifs at the moment, dont laugh I'm new to all this! ideally I will only have one gif or flash on this page

www.atvtop50.com/help.php

If anyone has any ideas how to incorporate flash into this page I would appreciate it, thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    anyone?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still havent figured out how to do this, but I did notice something

<!-- URL's used in the movie-->
    <A HREF=index.php></A> <!-- text used in the movie-->
    <!--ATVTOP50.com This page Is Unavailable Clickhere ClickHere --><OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0"
    WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=250>
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="404.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF> <EMBED src="404.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=250 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

Is it possible to change the url and have it effect which url is used in the movie? I would like to pass variables in the url and they will be different depending on what site people come from. I figured out a work around - I put a gif image on the bottom and enclosed both the movie and gif in a table

I changed the above url in red but it didnt seem to make a difference. any help would be appreciated