I searched the web using Google and searched the forums here and couldn't find an answer. Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction...

I'm playing around with script.aculo.us and the edit in place functionality. It is really edit in place for 1 field at a time though. I want to edit in place an entire form. The way script.aculo.us is set up, it doesn't look like I can do this? If you have ever edited links inside del.icio.us you'll know what I'm trying to do. I want to have a listing composed of a title, body, author and tags and an edit button. When I click the edit button, I want the entire form to become editable and Submit and Cancel buttons to appear. Then I want to be able to submit the entire form.

I'm building a ColdFusion app so anything Rails or PHP specific will probably not help me, although I have coded in both so I could understand clear examples. If you could give me some ideas it would be much appreciated. I know very little about AJAX but I have done plenty of old school javascript.

Thanks,

Rob