Thread: CSS Problem

SitePoint Evangelist Pixelateur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question CSS Problem

Hey,

My site is not displayed correctly in IE6. Please have a look. I gave the nav box on the left a z-index of 99 but still it appears underneath the banner image, which is weird considering the fact that the banner image is actually the background of the wrapper div.
    The second issue is the nav box's left margin which is for some reason wider than in other browsers. Can anybody help me out here?

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey and thanks for your tip regarding the double margin bug. I keep forgetting about that one...!

The margins on the #nav and #logo divs are a bit more tricky though not least due to the shadow of the navbar (it makes the navbar wider than the section that overlaps the banner image).

I made some changes but now the border on top of the #logo div appears too long and I have no idea why...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thanks a lot for the piece of code you sent me there. I spent about an hour trying to understand your code, and then extracted some of your ideas. The tricky bit in this project is the top of the navbar (the area that overlaps with the banner image), because it cannot have a shadow (unless you know how to make transparent PNGs work in IE6).

Dank u well !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed that the logo on my site can't be clicked on... (at least not in IE6) Any idea on how to fix that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, will try that. I don't have access to a PC here (I am developing on a Mac), but once I do, will check it. Thanks a bunch.