SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast wyte raven's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\phpB.tmp

Hi everyone!

I've already posted a thread for this problem but nobody seems to be able to tell me a fix. I have created this new thread with the error as the title in a hopes of someone recognising it. I am using code from the book so surely it should be working right? But I get this error when I run this script. Again I'm sorry to open up a new thread on this but it is a problem I need to try and fix, I've found no other threads that can help me so far.

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\phpB.tmp in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\filestore.php on line 85

Warning: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0 in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\filestore.php on line 85

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\filestore.php:85) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\filestore.php on line 104

Like I say, I've had a few people try to help me with this problem, I've tried changing permisions for the file. Everything I seem to try does not work.

This thread will show everything I've tried so far:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462616

Again, sorry for writing another thread. I felt it important to name the topic the error, in the hopes of getting a better response.
    Wyte R@ven - Creator of the Rift

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying changing the folder where you are uploading the file, a folder that you can right click on and go to a Security tab, my suggestion for testing purposes is to move it into a folder in your wwwroot and try working from there.

From what I read this is just a permissions problem. I've had my share of hassles with getting permissions set on files to play with them so I know what you are going through.
    Paranoia is no longer a mental illness it is a way of life - Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya mate

As far as I know, when you upload the file it goes to the windows\temp directory, temporarily before it's copied. However I'm a little unsure what is going on, i'm still quite new at this. I have tried adding write permissions to the windows\temp directory. I'm uploading the file from a completely different directory (not in the inetpub directory) I know you need to run scripts from within the inetpub directory, does that same thing ring true for this sort of thing too then? I'm sure the syntax is correct, and like you say it has to be something to do with permissions or some other setup issue perhaps...

Thank you for your prompt reply, it's much appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem fixed, see the link below :

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...91#post3305691

Thanks goes to Sunit21