User Tag List

Thread: Can I compete?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I compete?

Hi

I'm playing with the idea of setting up a drummers community website, from what I can see there seems to be only one major forum which would be competing with me. See it here

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...=30&LastLogin=

I was just wondering what experiences you'd all had starting a new forum against an established site, whether you'd had much success and what tactics you used to compete.

Thanks alot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think of everything you don't like about your competition, and be proactive in doing the opposite (or doing things the right way).

The worst thing you can do (IMO) is to actively show that you're competing against them -- just try and do things the way you think is right, build a strong honest community, and success should follow.

HTH
    Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Competition is good and I'm sure many enthusiasts would love some variety. You should take a long hard look at the competition and see what you think they're doing right - and what they're doing wrong. Try to find a weakness you can exploit so to speak. Don't be a clone, make sure to develop your own site identity.