SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Convert SWF file to movie with php

Hi guys, is there any possibilities to convert an swf file to movie file (mpeg, avi or wmv) on the fly using php?
    Right now I'm working with php-ming to create the swf file and I would like to convert the swf files to movies.

Thanks alot for any suggestion and inputs, I really appreciate that.

regards,
    [D]

Community Advisor silver trophy

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes but only if you have the capability to install additional software on your server.

You could do this via command prompting a quicktime pro install on the server though I think it will only work with uncompressed swf's.

The normal tools for serverside video conversion e.g ffmpeg won't convert a swf unless it's a swf containing only video data.

If ming has a way of rendering the swf out to individual animation frames, then ffmpeg would be able to process those into a video file.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot for your suggestion EastCoast, yes I have capability to install additional in my server.

The only problem that worrying me is that I don't know yet if ming can render the animation into one frame, maybe I can try to create my animations in one movie clip and put it in one frame in the main scene, I'll try that.

If theres anyone can suggest me with another idea I would really appreciate that, thanks alot in advance.

regards,
    [D]