SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Open iFrame link (utilizing lightbox) in top window

I am trying to use the lightbox code to improve the look of the zoom function on a site I'm building. The problem I'm having is that the "zoom" link is inside of an iFrame that is too small to fit the zoomed image.

Visit the site and click the zoom link to see what I mean:
    http://www.imagepreviews.com/loginco...word=portraits

Is it possible using JavaScript (or any other method) to have the zoom link open (still using lightbox) in the parent window instead of the iFrame containing the link?

I have tried simply using target=_top and target=_parent, but neither one worked.

Below is a very simplified summary of the code of the page containing the iFrame from which I am trying to open the zoomed image. The "PreviewFrame" contains the zoom link:
    Code:
    <table>
    <tr><td>

<iframe src="preview.php" id="PreviewFrame" name="PreviewFrame" frameborder="0" scrolling="no">
    </iframe>

</td></tr>
    <tr><td>

<iframe src="thumbpage.php" id="ThumbFrame" name="ThumbFrame" frameborder="0">
    </iframe>

</td></tr>
    </table>

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being new to these forums, I'm not sure if there is anything I could do better to generate some replies. Does anyone have any suggestions or feedback for me as a new user?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up on the idea because I wasn't getting the answers I hoped for. If a moderator would like to delete this, feel free...