User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

server connection scripting

Hi

I have used Phakt to construct a site which works well on my home machine but when I upload it to the server I get the following error message on any page that I have constructed with Phakt, pages using copied in scripts work ok.

As a relative newcomer to this, have I made some simple error? is there a set proceedure I should follow to upload pages using Ultradev?

Please help

Warning: Failed opening '/adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2039

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: adodb_mysql in /adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2071

I have found that the problem appears to be that the ISP does not allow direct access to the mysql database on their server, only via php etc and as such wil not allow the connection scripts written by Phakt to work, I am I correct in this assumption??

If I am, is there a simple way of altering the pages written by Phakt to work round this problem??

Please help if possible or it would appear that I have done 3 months work for nothing

I have attached an example of the connection scripting below in the hope someone can spot an easy fix

<?php

// Copyright (c) Interakt Online 2001
    // http://www.interakt.ro/

require("./adodb/adodb.inc.php");
    require("./Connections/conntrials.php");
    ?><?php
    $rsspon=$conntrials->Execute("SELECT * FROM sponsors") or DIE($conntrials->ErrorMsg());
    $rsspon_numRows=0;
    $rsspon__totalRows=$rsspon->RecordCount();
    ?>

The connection are all correct for the server because some pages work, just these Phakt ones do not

conntrials is the connection that was defined by Phakt

Thanks in advance

Graham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you uploaded the required file adodb.inc.php into the /adodb directory?

Cheers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that reply

Yes the file is uploaded ok.

I am sure it is something to do with the isp not allowing direct server access.

I know the pages work at home, I just need to reconfigure the 'conntrials' script so that it works as is on home machine but also is in a form suitable for the server on line, so far I have failed to achieve this

Thanks

Graham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear, but did you upload all files that adodb's class needs to function properly?
    It seems your script has problems opening the file /adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php.

Cheers.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes indeed all the requisite files are uploaded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try removing ./ from the path to the required files, I've had problems with that before.

change:
    PHP Code:
    to:
    PHP Code:
    require("adodb/adodb.inc.php"); 
    This would be the case if adodb directory is under the calling script directory. If this doesn't solve the problem try assigning the absolute path the require statement,
    (/path/to/my/phpscripts/adodb/adodb.inc.php).

Hoping this will work for you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your assistance but unfortunately what you suggested did not work.

I give here the orginal error we are getting.

Warning: Failed opening '/adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php' for inclusion
    (include_path='') in /adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2049

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: adodb_mysql in
    /adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2081

I have also re-tried scripts which does not rely on the connection made by Ultradev. These also now do not work, although a connect look like it is made when the script calls to alter/use the database it is unable to do so.

below is the function part of the script:

<?php

function add_file($contributor_id, $keywords, $caption, $userfile_location, $userfile_name, $date)
    {

$db_name = "dbxxxx";
    $table_name = "images";

$link = mysql_connect("localhost", "xxxxxx", "xxxxxx") or die("Could not connect to server!");
    $db = mysql_select_db($db_name, $link) or die("Could not select database!");

$query = "INSERT INTO $table_name (contributor_id, keywords, caption, file_location, file, date)
    VALUES
    ('$contributor_id', '$keywords', '$caption', '$userfile_location', '$userfile_name', '$date')";

mysql_query($query) or die("Could not complete update of database");
    }

?>

when run from within its page it returns the last error message.

Are the two problems the same or not.Unfortunately what you suggested did not work.