SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what should i do?

Hi i have a graphics forum and i know there are heaps of those around. It is worth while for me to run it? Although my topics are a bit differnet does that matter? any suggestions? thanx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's your decision, but I think you are right - the topic is already in use too many places. It's kind of exhausted now. If you do decide to keep running it (it doesn't look half bad!), you have to figure out a way to make YOUR site different and unique from the dozens of competiting sites out there. Remember, you've got to give people reasons to use your site over others. Good luck!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What reason can i give them to use my site? i have no iead, i tried many things but it seems that they are not intersted. How do other forums get people that have good advice to join their forum? how do they start off? do u mean my fourm doesn't look half as bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply be different -- running a graphics forum, I'm assuming you know something about graphics So, post articles/tips about creating graphics that differ from what every other graphics site does.

Make your forum standout, and people will notice it. There are a lot of graphic design forums, and for the most part they're all the same. Unless you can do something different, yours will only be lost in the mess...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi mahke, remeber me?...hehe i done alot since you gave me all tips and stuff.. I've came up with a good idea, and it's on the forum i'm keeping my fingures cross and hope for the best :P. It's differnt i think, and i haven't seen it on many gfx forum..