SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're in control of which web server you use, I would recommend another free server --> the Abyss Web Server. It has a graphical interface, and all the setup takes place in the web browser - i.e. no messy configuration files. Aprelium also has detailed instructions to install PHP.
    I've never had any session trouble with this server.
    -Stephen

Get a LitlURL to this page!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am stuck with IIS I'm afriad, as I need to be able to script in another language (which I prefer not to mention), as well as PHP lol
    people in glass houses shouldn't walk around naked

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    am I correct in assuming that /tmp is a unix/linux convention that is a folder that stores temporary internet files? If so I wonder if my problem is that my session.save_path should be set to the windows temporary internet files folder?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant switch to APACHE as I also need to program in ASP. Also, I've just found out that my code works, a friend of mine tested it on his website. It can only be the either php.ini or the PHP and IIS combination. I would have there would be a workaround for this problem.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Folks, After trying everything you all suggested, I have come up with my own solution to the problem. by setting the session.save_path to:

session.save_path= "0;c:\sessions"

Please notice the added zero value integer and semi colon in the path and the inclusion of double quotes. What a relief, I have been beating myself up over this for 2 weeks. May I take this opportunity to thank all those nice peeps who took the time to help.