SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum admin/Mod services

Dose anyone have any experience with paid forum administrator services, basically were looking for a professional dedicated community staff to admin, mod and organize our community, paid for post and add hacks will also be needed. We are currently looking at theforumfairy.com but seem they do not offer dedicated admin work, only pay per post and molding. Would anyone know and have experience with an all in one solution?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 paid staff persons on my forum at http://www.nameslot.com

Other are volunteers.

Personally I am also a paid staff at some forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well nameslot, do you care to elaborate on your deal? How did you get in touch with the "paid staff persons" you have at your forum? What do they do, just paid posting, or do they also administrate/moderate?

Personally I don't have any experience with any parts of paid community services, apart from template adjustments and some custom hack development. I have found that the best way to find moderators is to find those members who show a large commitment to the forum, and then chose from that pool.

Of course other communities might need other things, but all in all I'd say it's hard to find what you're asking for, especially the part about how they should moderate community. How do you settle a price for that? Based on activity? Should they monitor and supervize (sp?) your community 24/7 or? I'm sure you catch my drift.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most forums are modded by volunteers. Why pay for what your dedicated members will happily do for free? Unless you have an established brand and are looking to quickly build a community around it, it makes more sense to build a forum from the ground up the traditional way and have a volunteer mod team that you build out from active members as necessary.

If you wanted to hire an admin to get the ball rolling, I would advise going about it the same way you hire anyone. Post a job advert around (Craigslist is a good place to start, maybe even SitePoint's Looking to Hire forum or forums dedicated to running forums--if they have a place to post such ads), and interview until you find the right person. Pay for some posts to seed the forum if you have to using any number of paid posting services out there.

If you are looking for enterprise forum moderation (forums like those for Adult Swim, Playstation, and Nintendo use paid teams from an outside company) and have a lot of money, perhaps look into Prospero or Lithium.

This thread might interest you: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442486
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Kyle,
    What forum software you have which you are looking for administration?
    Invision Aid : Invision Forums Full Support