SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motive Interactive

Hello, first time poster. I was contacted by Motive Interactive wanting to advertise on one of my sites. I have never heard of them but I'm open to new ad companys.

http://www.motiveinteractive.com

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could not understand your motive to start this thread.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane186 View Post
    Hello, first time poster. I was contacted by Motive Interactive wanting to advertise on one of my sites. I have never heard of them but I'm open to new ad companys.

http://www.motiveinteractive.com
    I've never heard of them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not heard of them I'm afraid.

Some quick info on a little research

Domain registered August 2005 but their site claims they have been active since 2003.

They don't mention anyone by name in their company profile, but they do give a physical address and a phone and fax number to contact at least.

The admin and tech contact on the domain has a person with an @myway.com email address.

The site uses Zonedit (free I think) dns management.

I have never used or spoken to these guys and am not saying they are good or bad - just a little info to help people make their own decisions.
    I'll agree that the site is pretty good looking though

-Tim

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

motive i know these guys

In response to "Some quick info on a little research"

Domain registered August 2005 but their site claims they have been active since 2003.

Motive has been around since 2003, DBA motive advertising. We changed the name to Motive Interactive and the site from motiveadvertising.com to motiveinteractive.com because we expanded our business to offer both a lead gen CPA network as well as a display ad network. The name change took place after motive was named to Entrepreneur Magazine's Hot 100.

They don't mention anyone by name in their company profile, but they do give a physical address and a phone and fax number to contact at least.

Motive made a decision not to single out senior management. We believe all 25+ employees are equally important, Motive was founded by Brendan Smith and Colin Johnson both former Netcreations (returnpath.com) Management. The Motive Interactive current staff includes former senior management and employees from Value Click Media, DoubleClick, 24/7 and other industry leaders. You can see more about our staff by visiting the Motive Blog at http://www.motiveinteractive.com/blog/archives/20

The admin and tech contact on the domain has a person with an @myway.com email address.

This was done to keep down spam. Motive can be reached through our site "contact us" form at:
    http://www.motiveinteractive.com/contact.html or by calling the Lake Tahoe office directly.

I have never used or spoken to these guys and am not saying they are good or bad - just a little info to help people make their own decisions.
    I'll agree that the site is pretty good looking though

Thank you for your comments about the site, we have worked hard to make it comprehensive and still kind of fun. We are a CPA and Display network, unlike many of the ad networks out there we do not use a 3rd party system to manage our CPA campaigns we have spent years building what we hope is a better platform for publishers. For the display business we have formed a strategic partnership with the Right Media exchange to support this function.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call or email me.

Brendan Smith
    CEO
    Motive Interactive Inc
    Brendan (at) motiveinteractive.com
    775-586-8360 x 115
    Last edited by bmotive; Mar 8, 2007 at 20:49.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for clearing that up Brendan. It is always great when companies are around on these forums to answer questions and queries like this. It is always a positive when a company responds so openly.

Kind regards,

Tim

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem Tim -- thanks for the research and comments!

Internet Advertising is a crazy but great industry. There is so much potential, an incredible opportunity for new businesses and unfortunately still a Wild West attitude. It seems like a daily occurrence that I hear negative news about companies in our space that shocks me.

Forums like this one are a great outlet for publisher and advertisers to discuss their experiences. These forums are also one of the best ways for me to stay on top of the buzz. Not too long ago I was a publisher and my biggest concern, at the time, was how much could I make? I was constantly pitched to try new networks all promised me the world, very few actually performed. I think these days publishers are smarter and want to have real answers, better support, and unique technology that has their interests in mind.

Motive is making a major effort to help set standards for the lead generation business, something way overdue. My personal mission is to build applications that help increase publisher revenues and make the entire affiliate marketing process a little easier to handle. My goal is to build a solid business that will be around for a long time, not a fly by night start-up. I would be content if people would describe Motive as “good people, smart and easy to work with” and not just “dude they made me so much money” At the end of the day there are only a handful of CPA networks that have built unique and scalable technology, we are one of them. The investment in technology and our willingness to adapt to publishers needs will set us apart. We are being selective right now with acceptance to the motive network, it’s kind of a soft launch and we want to get a first round of feedback before we go too big.

I will personally be available for comments and conversation during ad:tech San Francisco, April 25th-27th, 2007. If anyone wants to meet in person don’t hesitate to stop by and see us at Booth #5666. I will be there with the rest of the Motive team.

Anyway – It’s good to see people with constructive comments in this forum. In fact, your comment about the DNS contact info just went over to our dev guys to be changed. When I research sites to work with I tend to look at that info as well. I thought we were OK since we had so many contact options on the site. But I’m going to make the change anyway.

Keep up the good work my friend.

BTW – I have came across your http://www.adbalance.com/ site a few times, even used your glossary in the past – nice work!

Brendan
    Last edited by bmotive; Mar 8, 2007 at 20:29. Reason: spelling and content

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm impressed with them. They sent a follow up email to see what I thought that wasn't a template.

But... I just sold all the adspace on the site for the rest of the year.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold your ad space for the year –congratulations that’s awesome!!! I would love know more about your site, who knows maybe down the road we can work together.

Brendan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good company. I have joined to be affiliate about 2 months ago. They are paying me timely.
    Looking for good affiliate companies

MSN:Neo2I@hotmail.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the props Neo2I! The Motive Interactive ad network has grown to include a CPM display network as well as Advent our proprietary CPA affiliate ad network. In Advent we have over 250 active ad campaigns and we are accepting new publishers.

You can sign up here:
    https://www.motiveinteractive.com/adventsignup/

You can view a demo of the system here:
    http://www.motiveinteractive.com/publisher_leadgen.html

We are very open to publisher feedback. If we don’t have what you need you can contact us and we will do our best to get it. We are very clear on who we work for — you the publishers. Give us a call.

Brendan
    Brendan J. Smith | CEO and Founder
    MotiveInteractive.com | Motive CPA Network
    brendan@motiveinteractive.com
    http://twitter.com/brendansmith

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you fixed with regard to UK publishers Brendan?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uk peeps

In he past we did a lot with UK traffic, it did slow down a little I guess we had less UK ads. However, we love UK traffic and we now have way more UK ads and truth be told we are 100% publisher centric by this I mean if you tell us what you are looking for we will go get it!!! Letís find a way to work together. Give us a call.
    Brendan J. Smith | CEO and Founder
    MotiveInteractive.com | Motive CPA Network
    brendan@motiveinteractive.com
    http://twitter.com/brendansmith

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great read so far. just tried joining the program
    Some Domains for sale, others available:

BuyNBAjerseys; BuyNHLjerseys;