SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Flash 8 Contact Form Problems

I am new to website design and I have run into a problem. I am trying to create a contact form in Flash 8. I have tried a bunch of online tutorials and I can't get it figured out. I created all the text fields and gave them var names (in the properties panel, is that correct?) and have created a submit btn. The actionscript on the submit button is :

on (release) {
    loadVariablesNum ("http://www.XXXXXXXXX.com/official/form.php", 0, "GET");
    gotoAndPlay (16);
    }

The components of the form are all on the same layer. Do I need to make the input boxes into a movieclip?

The PHP script I have looks like:

<?php
    $to .= "XXXX@yahoo.com";
    $subject = "Website Contact";
    $msg .= "$name\n";
    $msg .= "phone\n";
    $msg .= "$email\n";
    $msg .= "$hear_about\n";
    $msg .= "comments\n";
    $headers .= "From: $name <$email>\n";
    mail($to, $subject, $msg, $headers);
    ?>

When i test the form, an e-mail is sent but the email looks like this:

Body of e-mail:
    <TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"2\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Times New Roman\" SIZE=\"14\" COLOR=\"#000000\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">Mark</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>

<TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"2\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Times New Roman\" SIZE=\"14\" COLOR=\"#000000\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">phone</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>

<TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"2\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Times New Roman\" SIZE=\"14\" COLOR=\"#000000\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">email</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>

<TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"2\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Times New Roman\" SIZE=\"14\" COLOR=\"#000000\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">hear</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>

comments

Thanks in advance for the help.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone? I was told by someone to uncheck the HTML on those text fields but I am not sure how to do that? Can anybody help me?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedman624 View Post
    Anyone? I was told by someone to uncheck the HTML on those text fields but I am not sure how to do that? Can anybody help me?
    You would probably have got more help in the Flash forum as your problem is Flash related not PHP..

"uncheck the HTML" means to disallow htmlText on the flash input fields - you can do this via the Flash properties panel or via action script.

Check out the Flash help, or if you are still struggling, I'd suggest a post to the guys and girls in the Flash forum.

Regards,

Dan

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

Yes select each input text field in flash and there will be a small button in the properties inspector that has (< >) greater than and less than signs in it.

Hovering over it will say "render text as html" unselect that. I am not sure if it will fix your issue, but it is worth a try.