Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Help!!!!!

Where can I find marketing ideas?
    I have a client that is an attorney, that does not want a typical boring attorney site. Wants to portray her personality as fair, hardworking , but with the "human ,down to earth, FUN " quality.
    Challenge is to create a PROFESSIONAL site with out any of the typical graphics attorneys use, and still be able to retain purpose of the site . Can anyone help me? I am stumped!!!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Actually we are currently designing a site for a firm of solicitors in the UK.

During my research I found most solicitor sites to be quite boring and very conservative in their look.

However some did stand out from the rest. These ones featured a lot of flash animation.

I'm writing this from home so I don't have the site urls to hand but my advice is to do a search on the internet for Lawyers and research yourself.

If I was you I will not go too weird with the design though. Make it imaginative and friendly but keep a corporate feel.

qamar

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gamar!!!

Believe me I have been to over 100 Lawfirm sites there is very few that stand out. I finally came here for a fresh perspective. Glad to know I am on the right track

Thanks Again for such a speedy response.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gamar!!!

Believe me I have been to over 100 Lawfirm sites there are very few that stand out. I finally came here for a fresh perspective. Glad to know I am on the right track

Thanks Again for such a speedy response.

<C²: web standards /> cybercodeur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the best way to make it fun and yet professional looking is to give it a younger not-so-brown look and feel. You could use images with low angle views or images with high angle views. If you can get a budget for pictures, you could have a photograph do a photo shoot and make a layout with those pictures. Use colors that are straight and serious, but try interesting combinations.

Stay away from the same old corporative pictures we see all over the web.

Use catchlines in bold, the kind that will catch the attention of the reader and lead him to the type of ideas your client wants to convey. Animation with flash can also be interesting as long as it's not too cheesy.
    Denis Boudreau <C²/> - Web Standards & Accessibility
    [+] ICQ number: 115649885 || Email: denis@cybercodeur.net
    [+] Daily Weblog on Web standards and accessibility : CYBERcodeur.net