User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problem displaying iframe in ie7

hello everyone
    I'm hoping this is posted in the right spot, that the javascript forum is not better. Anyway, please bear with me. That, and I cannot post the URL so hopefully this description will be clear enough.
    I have a page that brings up another page, that has goes to another page with an iframe in it. Javascript is used to do that. The page with with the iframe only partially displays in ie7 but fully displays in ie6. I do think the problem is with the iframe.

something like this:

<html>
    the following page: onclick function
    </html>

<html>
    <head>
    some css
    some js
    </head>
    <body onload function>
    <form>
    <iframe>content</iframe>
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>

and then:

<html>
    <head>
    some css
    some js
    </head>
    <body onload function>
    <form>
    content
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>

any thoughts???
    thank you

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any cross-domain components in the content. If there are you may have a security violation probelm. IE7 tighten us security and it will restrict attempts to refernce cross domain in an iframe.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for agetting back to me.
    No, I don't believe there are any cross domain issues. As I understand it, those are relationships from one domain to another in one root directory??? I don't have IE7 in front of me but do remember there being a setting that can be adjusted that addresses accessing data sources across domains. I believe that it was set to enable on machines where the page does not display.

more thoughts???
    thank you

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check all the code for iframe first, if its supported by an IE7. or it could be the IE7 setting. but on the second Thoughts iframe is not helpful for a SEs. forget it anyway..

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you need an iframe? I would suggest to drop that and forget about iframes! also you can't totally rely on the fact that javascript is always executed by your visitors

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...why do I need an iframe

maybe the goal and process are too convoluted and if anyone can suggest a better/easier way, please
    I have js references on a originating page to javascripts that have database connection information -- OK for the local users. I want to send a customer receipt by an email attachment. I wasn't able to send the dynamically created content without having it in the page itself. Linking it in the standard way:
    <script type="text/javascript"src="js/search.js"></script>, the data didn't show up when mailed.
    so, going from the dynamic page to the html page that created the iframe was the best way to go. Then I set up a process that save the receipt to the hard drive that could then be referenced locally and sent from there.
    as I said, if there's an easier way to accomplish the goal, that would be great.
    many thanks

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello all,

I have figured out why the content didn't show up: the iframe was defined with a width and height of 105%. In ie6 this viewed fine but in ie7 it covered up part of the page. At least that's what it seems so far.

about the second part of the question and the need for an iframe as described above ( and I'm thinking I should switch forums...) I have the following code. I still need to be able to somehow have the receipt that I want to email to attach not refer to the initiating js code.
    /* ***************************************************** */
    /* save outerhtml to file on c:\\ */
    /* ***************************************************** */
    /*function click(e) {
    if (event.button == 2)
    {
    alert("This has been saved on your C drive with the file name Receipt.html.");
    var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
    var receipt01 = fso.CreateTextFile("c:\\receipt.html", true, true);
    receipt01.Write(document.documentElement.outerHTML);
    //receipt01.close();
    return false;
    }
    }
    document.onmousedown=click;*/

any comments are appreciated
    thanks