SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Wrapping Dropdown Test

Is there a way to wrap text in a drop down selection box without increasing the height attribute? Otherwise very long text just cut off. Thanks.

p.s. of course the solution should be compliant and especially work in the dreaded IE7.

-=SunnaH=-

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you post your code so I can see what you're trying to do (it'll also help me spot where the problem really is)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a simple selection box. i just want the longer options to wrap.

Code:
    <select name="pc_Workshop_FULL" size="1" onChange="TotalPrice(this.form),UpdateLabel(value, 1)" style="width:45em;">
                      <option selected value="">Select a certificate program</option>
                      <option value="5">CP 5, TechComm 101 - "Basic Technical Communications"</option>
                      <option value="6">CP 6, Master Writers - "Undiscovered Country: Taking Your Information Design to the Next Level"</option>
                      <option value="7">CP 7, Usability - "The Science and Art of Effective Interface Design"</option>
                      <option value="8">CP 8, Content Management - "Moving to Content Management: From Justification to Implementation"</option>
                      <option value="9">CP 9, Team Management - "The Shoemaker's Children: Successfully Managing Geographically Dispersed Teams and Managing Diverse Teams"</option>
                      </select>