User Tag List

if ($zee == "Guru") { $zee--;}
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renamed: Project Documentation

Dear All

I have been working on a project. At this momen i have completed the coding and the website is working 100% as desired.

Now i wanted to create its documentation. I have done the analysis.
    I dont know what Methode to use for Website Project Development. Like we have Software Development Lifecycle, and others. But what is the Lifecycle for website project ?? moreover what Diagrams i should incldue ? One option is UML. But i m not very good at UML. Please let me know what diagrams whould i include in my project's documentation.

regards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can use any methodology for a web project that you would use for a software project. In my experience, the diagrams come before the development as it helps define what needs to be done more clearly. If you need to develop them for a client, you could certainly create any appropriate class or sequence diagrams. You can always include DB diagrams if it has a DB.

It seems to me though, that since the project is complete, you may want to focus on documentation for the user... any help documentation, FAQs, manuals, etc. Did you create any documentation for the testing phase?
    Sara

if ($zee == "Guru") { $zee--;}
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes I am agree with you that normally the diagrams are drawn before the application development. But i didn't draw at that time. Now i have to give some documentation to my client.

Please let me know what other diagrams can be drawn. This project is a Student Acommodation website written in Php/MySQL.

Please let me know what to include in the sequence diagram , am i supposed to include all the processes ? like posting ad, replying , feedback, edit, login, registratrion, logout, etc etc.

Moreover, please mention what other diagrams can be made. I know that activity diagrag can also be made. but i m lil bit confused with that. Am i supposed to make 1 activity diagram for whole the scenario or again i am to draw activity diagram for all the proceses mentioned above.

Please gudie !!

A million thanks

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find DB schemes can be illustrated fast and well with Dbdesigner. For the rest I have a classdoc and a rough outline of the project structure in prose plus FAQ. Good for fast documentaion are even photos from sketches on a whiteboard, but it's not quite pretty.