SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

links and visited links....

Just an observation on my part, but maybe others are having the same issue.

When I come back to the vist the forumforum, I can tell by the styled links which are new posts that I haven't read because they are dark blue, they switch to light blue once they have been read (visited).

A bit of a problem (at least for me) is that even though there is a list of posts that I haven't read (dark blue), once I go in and read just one, then navigate back to the main forum to read the other non-read posts, all the links have switched to light blue (as if being already read)...

Also, I'm finding that the 2 blues are a little off putting - is there any way to have the 'visited' colour a different colour altogether - not blue :-)

Nadia

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia P View Post
    Just an observation on my part, but maybe others are having the same issue.

When I come back to the vist the forumforum, I can tell by the styled links which are new posts that I haven't read because they are dark blue, they switch to light blue once they have been read (visited).

A bit of a problem (at least for me) is that even though there is a list of posts that I haven't read (dark blue), once I go in and read just one, then navigate back to the main forum to read the other non-read posts, all the links have switched to light blue (as if being already read)...

Also, I'm finding that the 2 blues are a little off putting - is there any way to have the 'visited' colour a different colour altogether - not blue :-)

Nadia
    I think that this is due to the fact that you remain inactive for a while (reading the thread or doing something else) so when you click back to the threads lists you are considered as if logging in for a new session and all the threads that were considered new in the former session and that are not updated will like they are old/read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Tranquility View Post
    I think that this is due to the fact that you remain inactive for a while (reading the thread or doing something else) so when you click back to the threads lists you are considered as if logging in for a new session and all the threads that were considered new in the former session and that are not updated will like they are old/read
    I don't believe so DT, because I often just open up a thread so that it shows up as 'read' - don't stay there long at all... actually happened everytime I moved around the forum today , and no I didn't leave for a while and come back

Shouldn't work that way anyway should it? keeping a screen open even in the background doesn't mean I've logged off ...

Off Topic:

I tried viewing your site earlier out of curiosity and had a 'server not found error' - just pointing it out in case there's a problem and you didn't know about it

Nadia

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't believe so DT, because I often just open up a thread so that it shows up as 'read' - don't stay there long at all... actually happened everytime I moved around the forum today , and no I didn't leave for a while and come back

Shouldn't work that way anyway should it? keeping a screen open even in the background doesn't mean I've logged off ...

Off Topic:

I tried viewing your site earlier out of curiosity and had a 'server not found error' - just pointing it out in case there's a problem and you didn't know about it

Nadia
    I am not seeing this myself. I believe that if you remain inactive for 5min you are logged out automatically.
    Off Topic:

my site isdown because of some major changes going around check my blog instead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Tranquility View Post
    I am not seeing this myself. I believe that if you remain inactive for 5min you are logged out automatically.
    You mean as in having to input your username etc again... does't happen for me, I can have the forum open in the background - and do a refresh (F5) and I see new posts... don't have to login again...... weird.

Off Topic:

my site isdown because of some major changes going around check my blog instead
    Ah, ok ... is the link in your profile ---- have to get some paid work completed first though - I'll check later :-)

Nadia

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You mean as in having to input your username etc again... does't happen for me, I can have the forum open in the background - and do a refresh (F5) and I see new posts... don't have to login again...... weird.

Ah, ok ... is the link in your profile ---- have to get some paid work completed first though - I'll check later :-)

Nadia
    no, you don't need to put in your login/pass again it reconnects you automatically it is just a new session... or at least that's my understanding