SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a cam and need to have my webpage show what I am pointing at, now that your mind is in the gutter I will explain. It's for a babysiter who wishes to show the kids for parents during the day...

I have the cam and web url and site is useable but would like the cam in the middle and running, any help is greatly apreciated thx guys and gals...A fellow puter programmer who is lost on cam abilities..

------------------
    Ewthor a confused Newbie !

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your camera should have come with some sort of serving software. Since your site is external to the computer with the camera you have the added problem of getting the images to the website in real time.

You can find web-camera serving software at sites like WinFiles, Hot Files and other download sites.

I also suggest you look into NetMeeting which comes with Internet Explorer 4 and up and is actually suited for video conferencing.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Forums Administrator
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by wluke:
    Your camera should have come with some sort of serving software. Since your site is external to the computer with the camera you have the added problem of getting the images to the website in real time.

You can find web-camera serving software at sites like WinFiles, Hot Files and other download sites.

I also suggest you look into NetMeeting which comes with Internet Explorer 4 and up and is actually suited for video conferencing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thx man I really apreciate the help and fastness of your reply