SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standards Compliant Forms query

I am creating a series of forms to automate the previously manual process of completing paper forms at my work. Part of the form that would be completed is table based. Effectively this form collects an arbitrary number of records, where each record consists of:
    week commencing, date, start_time, end_time, overtime_hours, public_holiday_hours, etc...

It currently looks like:

+------------------------------------------+
    | Week | Date | From | To | PH | ETC |
    | Commencing | | | | | |
    +------------------------------------------+
    | | | | | | |
    +------------+------+------+----+----+-----+
    | | | | | | |

and so on...

I figure I could use some JavaScript to add some extra elements to the page when the user clicks a [+] at the end of a single row to add a new row to add information to, but what would be the best way to lay this out given that it is a form?

Any resources you can point me to would be great.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps I can explain a bit better; I realise that wasn't the best explanation in the world! Basically I want to have an interface where the user is presented with a web based single row of a spreadsheet with a specific number of columns (input fields). The user should have the option of adding another row if they need to. This information should then be submitted to another page/jsp/php whatever for processing.