SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Affixing an image to the bottom of a moving layer

Using:

MS Expression Web (not the beta or trial)

Goal:

my layer5 contains side navigation tabs. I have a round corner GIF that i'd like to attach to the bottom of layer 5 and float with it. I cannot assign a static margin number to it because the CSS rules for this object correspond with the main style sheet, and my pages will vary in their numbers of side tabs, and are thus set up in an editable region in the dwt file.

I'll keep snooping, but does anyone here have an idea of how to do this correctly?

Thanks.

PS< At the moment, I have layer14 installed as a child of layer5.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of us who don't understand Expression Web-speak, how about a look at some code?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I figured out another solution which involves a different design concept, but I'd still like to know how to do this.

HTML Code:
    <div id="layer3">LAYER3 TEXT CONTENT<div id="layer5">LAYER5 TEXT CONTENT<div id="layer14"></div></div></div>
    See, layer 5 is absolutely positioned inside 3, which, for posterity's sake let's say it (layer 3) has a widescreen 760x350 background image, with a rounded 5px high corner on the top left. Layer5 is (absolutely positioned) and has a left margin of 0, and a top margin of 5. Height is set to auto. It is given only a thin left side border. So this leaves us at this point with css rules set for layer 5, which is inside 3. Now, layer 14 is a child of 5 (in expression you can drag layers around in the layer box to make them parents or children. No grandparents or grandchildren though. AND you can change their ID's, but i've stuck with numbers for now.)... and since it's part of 5, then the margins have to be set a bit funny for it to be positioned as anchored on the bottom of 5. Of course if this were for one page, I would have had layer 14 out on it's own, and I would have specified a specific margin for it. But since I'm dealing with a dwt file and the fact that different pages will have different amounts of content in layer 5, that means that layer 14 has to be dynamic. That's where I'm running into a problem. I need some way to anchor that layer onto the bottom of another. Preferrably through css.