SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Web Design Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to go about making this element seem 100% in height?

www.kentuckygolfing.com is where the design is located.

You can see I've got the primary content and then the secondary content in the #extra div below it.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make the background color of #extra span all the way down to the #footer when the content doesn't already fill the space. When I add more dummy content to the site it fills in the spaces and everything is fine, but if for whatever reason I don't have enough content on one page or so, what will happen is what you see on the site now if you're viewing at a resolution of 1024x768 or higher, there is a gap between #extra and #footer where you can see the background of #wrapper.

I know if I give #extra a fixed height it will look fine until the point of having to much content for #extra to hold, then it will just spill outside the container.

Another thing I thought about is to just combine #extra and #footer and set the whole thing to the bottom of the window but there again I run into having a fixed height set and if by some chance the content (which will by dynamic) should happen to get to large it will spill over the edge of the container.

Ideally I would like to leave it the way it is an just make #extra background continue down to the footer even if the content doesn't totally fill the space. I'm not sure, but I think I can do this by using the min-height method from Paul's FAQ by setting a min-height big enough so even the largest resolution wont have a gap between #extra and #footer then if #extras content gets to large it should expand with the content with a min-height set...but I didn't know if there is any drawbacks to doing that or if there is another [better] way?
    Deron Sizemore
    ----------
    My Sites: LogoGala | Golf Ledger (coming soon)
    Twitter: Deron Sizemore

Web Design Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ben.

Thank you for your help once again! I never thought about doing it like that (obviously right?). Makes sense now that I see it done, but I never would have done it myself.

Thanks I appreciate it.
    Deron Sizemore
    ----------
    My Sites: LogoGala | Golf Ledger (coming soon)
    Twitter: Deron Sizemore