SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy pass value without form?

first of all. thank you very much for answering my question. very sorry if my question confusing.

staff A fill in a form which is "request.asp", then submit to "department A" to wait for approvement. for "request.asp", i use simple method "request.form()" to pass value to another page.

ques. 1:when "staff A" want to pass the form to "department A", how should i do this? store the form's data in database? then system automatically retrieve the data and trigger an email to "department A"? this look like similar to email notification, is it? any sample coding?please take note that "department A" should able to add new remarks inthe form, a new problem. how can i do it? (cos need to add new textarea/textfield)

after "department A" add remarks into the form then submit to another department which is "department B"."department B" will check and add comment to this form then keep record of this form. i'm using sql server as database.

i need the solution or an idea as soon as possible,thx again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow the logic mentioned below:

When Staff A has filled the form, Enter a record into the database with some unique recordid and keep the comments field blank.

Use this recordid and update the record (add comments) of Department-A and Department-B when form is there in department-A and Department-B respectively.