SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17 years old...anyone experienced enough to help?

im 17 i know my computer skills and know about all the hype around sitepoint i was owndering how can i make some money for my teen years and what other things can i do any help is welcome and thanks in advane i appreciate it

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the "Promotion Techniques" forum, there's a lot of stuff on there about this. Some of it is quite inspirational, some quite depressing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My advise is get focussed! Focus on what you want your outcome to be and don't give any thought to current circumstances. Once you've got a clear idea of how your going to make the money you desire - create a plan of action and stick to it no matter what.

Don't jump between one thing to another as this can become so costly. The ego can be a terrible thing, greed gets in the way of your current projects because you see the gold on the otherside of the rainbow and can forget about what your stable plans.

Good luck, I hope you achieve your desires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a teen also. I make a good bit of money on the internet just from developing a couple sites, then selling. Believe me, freelancing will be hard to do if you don't have a great portfolio together. So, develop a site, and sell. Keep on doing that and you will get you some good cash and an even better portfolio.
    HTMLGuy

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrysidhu View Post
    im 17 i know my computer skills and know about all the hype around sitepoint i was owndering how can i make some money for my teen years and what other things can i do any help is welcome and thanks in advane i appreciate it
    You could learn about punctuation and using upper case at the start of sentances...
    And spelling, but i often do th esame errors as yuo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think there are a lot of ways to take out the teen years with pride and joy

but if u wanna go with the web design/development way, i think the way is to learn html.. then learn css... u'll be good enough to create web sites and freelance a bit if u have decent communication skills.

if you think u r good at writing code, go ahead and learn javascripting, php, mysql after u have the grasp of html and css...

this whole thing might take 4 to 5 months to make you comfortable.. then u'll be in a good shape to earn some money somewhat easily...