SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitepoint book query

I have a question about a Sitepoint book. I hope this is the right place, and I hope you'll excuse my ignorance, as I'm still at the learning stage.

I'm working my way through 'Build Your Own Standards Compliant Website with Dreamweaver 8'

On page 93 there are instructions for inserting a list of links with button images for the accessibility controls.

When I create dummy links for this list, Dreamweaver inserts a border attribute of "0" into the HTML. Later in the book, these images are styled with CSS with a border value of "0" to remove the blue border around the images, but of course there is no blue border because the attribute in the HTML has already removed the border.

Now, the obvious thing to do would be to remove the attribute from the HTML after Dreamweaver has inserted it. However, the example HTML code on page 95 of the book shows the border attribute in the code.

I'm confused. Is this an error in the book and therefore the border attribute should be removed?

Thanks for your help

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotspur64 View Post

I'm confused. Is this an error in the book and therefore the border attribute should be removed?

Thanks for your help
    You are correct. The border attribute isn't necessary. No presentational attributes are. Perhaps this is not an error, and the book shows code which Dreamweaver outputs by default to avoid any confusion.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Robert

David