SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Into another Dimension liam_uk7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Experiences with selling on Sitepoint?

I was just wondering what peoples experiences were with selling things through Sitepoint, becuase so far i have not sold anything smoothly, there's always been a problem, and thats usually due to lack of communication from the winner, the buyer seems to just dissapear. Obviously this is not Sitepoints fault, but it gives me the impression that many of the buyers in the Sitepoint community seem to be a waste of time.

What experiences do the rest of you have when selling stuff? Good bad, easy, hard i'd like to know if im just unlucky or if its a problem most people face. How long does it usually take for people to recieve their money after announcing a winner etc? Would love to hear from you.

*PS im not sure this is the correct place to post this, moderators please feel free to move.
    Function - Great Design Meets Great Functionality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, speaking about sitepoints marketplace,(Design contest) I have had many projects go smooth,(at least 10?) meaning I won, I prepared the files, the buyer paid me through paypal..not 1 glitch......
    PORTFOLIO
    www.artwanted.com/missytini
    In the featured gallery at the pond!!!!
    http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/17193

Into another Dimension liam_uk7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but i am more talking about people who sell Templates or domains or websites etc, and how sucessful they are with their transactions. I know most of the contests run realativley smoothly, but there seems to be a different mood when it comes to the selling of items. So im more aiming at asking people who sell things such as i listed above, although i apreciate your feedback.
    Function - Great Design Meets Great Functionality