SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas a housing website?

Hi, I want to create a housing system where users can rent their room/flat/apartment or whatever. It should be easy to use, read and search. What I have in mind so far is to create a form to submit the rent, a categorized search field (where you can search by date, by type of rent, price, etc). That would be the main function of the website. I don't know what else, what other functions can I add to it. That is why I would like any idea of how would you implement such website if you were in my place?

I have to say, I have very little website programming knowledge, only HTML and CSS basic. And I have been playing with PHP and MySQL for arund a few weeks.

This would be my very first website, hopefully can get some help here.
    Thanks

Sorry for my english and please, correct me if I said something wrong, so I can improve my english as well. =]

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about one of these scripts?
    http://www.hotscripts.com/search/13599044.html

I used 'rental property scripts" as the search words, but you could try other combination to see if you can find some more.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you would need a programmer to do this for you - it wouldn't be an easy task for a newcomer.

You could also check in the PHP section of this forum....

Nadia

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your serious, I recommend realty manager
    http://interactivetools.com/products/realtymanager/

It is expensive, but if your looking to do it right, it takes the right scripting.

I purchased article manager years back and have no regrets, for it pays my mortgage on a non-moneymaking subject.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hotscripts has the best variety of scripts that you could use.
    Covantage Templates - PSD, HTML, Flash Templates, Logos, Banners
    Developers: Upload your templates and name your own price
    Support Freelance Web Designers

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses. Those "rental scripts" from hotscripts are great and complex enough, but I don't think that I can afford to pay for it, not yet. And what I need is simple enough to do it by myself, and so I can gain some experience from it.

This site is pretty much what I'm looking for:

http://www.freshwebjobs.com/

The only function is that anyone can post a job, and then it appears in the frontpage, simple enough.

Maybe I didn't explain clearly by myself, sorry about that. =[

Where should I start? What do I have to learn, specifically? (Do tell me PHP or MySQL, be specific please)

thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Yeah.. i need to make a sale car website.... is hard to find script for your needs .. u really have to find a coder... i`m lucky, i found one. If you wish to have a succes website u need a fresh design and a great code. You can upload your host with a free script but it will not be a succes website. Sorry for english .
    Last edited by Dan Schulz; Jun 1, 2009 at 12:33. Reason: removed fake signature

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can find a script for article sites or e-zine site or job board site and modify it as you want ( for example,change jobs in job board script to house renting).If you have a little of web programing knowledge ,I suggest you find a simple code ( i.e : code for job board) and read the source code ,try to imagine what its function ,and modify some varibles ,remove lines in code and see what happen .It take time but you will know its operation and handle it as well . If you want to add more function ,you can find the script has the function you want (simple script ) ,open ,see how the script is and copy the it to the script you have .
    I have no web programing knowledge before ,but I do in that way ,and now I think I can make some type of website with the things I got from modifying scripts