SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Logo: Big or Small?

Are logos on a web site better if they show up as a large (say 120 X 120 px for example) separate graphic or just a small graphic as part of the standard banner? Do you think people really put a lot of meaning into a logo as far as remembering what a company does and who they want to do certain things for them? I am not sure if they are better to be very prominent or just as an integral part of the whole site that blends in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't care of the size if it looks good, clean, and professional.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for offering your ideas! That is my big concern, too. Clarity, crispness and something that if not recognizeable, is at least very suggestive of something memorable. I don't believe in a trademark being too colorful either but I think the colors should be definitive and not wishy washy.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats a good q...

I could see using a small logo to make a site load faster, but these days, most surfers have broadband and will load a large logo with no problem. I don't really care too much if a 56k modem user doesn't come back anyways.

I like a nice larger size logo that stands out and has meaning of some sort. I think the logo can help define a site

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you in that respect flood-- When the logo stands out you tend to make a visual association that you remember well. For the right application, I can picture a large logo centered on the page opening the site itself when clicked on or with a link on it to do so. A flash application with a little action of some sort in the logo would also be interesting.