User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still having a few problems on the site http://www.learnforex.com
    It looks different in both browsers (Netscape or IE). For example,when we change with IE 5.0 the text/font size ,(on the toolbar,under VIEW, select a different TEXT SIZE), big spaces appear, or images get fragmented and there are problems also when we print pages.... etc
    The Netscape Issue:
    when we hit <STOP> before the page is completly loaded, the page become fragmented . Sometimes prospects do that to avoid waiting for the page to load completly and start to scroll down and read the text.(I did, and that's how I found out this issue)
    We also have a problem with resizing the page. Reduce your browser window to smaller then the width of your page content and you will see the same result.

I used Dreamweaver by Macromedia.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by gil (edited June 29, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by gil (edited July 04, 2000).]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea would be greatly appreciated
    Thank You

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gil:
    [b]I am still having a few problems on the site http://www.learnforex.com
    It looks different in both browsers (Netscape or IE). For example,when we change with IE 5.0 the text/font size ,(on the toolbar,under VIEW, select a different TEXT SIZE), big spaces appear, or images get fragmented and there are problems also when we print pages.... etc
    The Netscape Issue:
    when we hit <STOP> before the page is completly loaded, the page become fragmented . Sometimes prospects do that to avoid waiting for the page to load completly and start to scroll down and read the text.(I did, and that's how I found out this issue)
    We also have a problem with resizing the page. Reduce your browser window to smaller then the width of your page content and you will see the same result.

I used Dreamweaver by Macromedia.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by gil (edited June 30, 2000).]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems you have big problems there... By hitting the 'stop' sign in NS or IE it just stops loading the page, therefore some parts may not been finished loading yet so you get the page fragmented.

About the IE problems... Normally IE doesn't reproduce a lot of problems... I haven't noticed any problems when I was visiting your site with my IE 5.5...

But IE and NS do display GIFs and JPGs differntly.. Mostly they will look the best in IE...

Christophe

------------------
    http://freesources.net - the ultimate webmaster resources site