SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Promotion thru Blog posts

What are the best ways to use of blogs for site promotion.

There no doubt that if you get many blogs to post about your site or product it can increase traffic to your site and help with Search Engine Rankings. How about specialized sites like real estate or insurance?

Is it better to have the bloggers post the same words about your site or have each one write a unique write up?

How much should you pay for this; per post and also how much for your overall blogging campaign (% of budget) ?

What are good ways of locating blogs in your nitch that may be interested?

What quality of blogs should you deal with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be campaigning and it might help but the best you can do s to persuade those bloggers that you really have a good product or service in their own sphere of interest. they will be more honest and more motivated to say good words for you then.
    HostColor.com
    Colocation | Dedicated Servers | VPS Hosting
    Web hosting provider since 2000

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having others blog about my site for payment was, and still is, beyond my means but the idea of blog posts as an advertising method was not completely out of reach.

What I did was start my own blog. My main topic of discussion is adware and spyware.

Through some research, I was able to gather improtant facts and up-to-date information from the web community. I use only reliable sources! This enabled me to write my own posts puting my views forward with relevant information and making sure to give credit for the sources I used.

To get visitors to the blog, I submitted the URL to a story to place like reddit.com and other similar places.

Though my posts are not supremely popular, I do get quite a few visitors. They read the blog then about half of them go on to check out my main site.

This is a fairly simple method to provide an increase to your daily visitor traffic.

Al,