SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a template?

After you stop laughing at how 'basic' a question this is can you explain a template to me?

I wrote the specs for a site that I would like to have developed then I have been trying to find someone to develop the site for me.

I finally found someone and they wanted to know what template I wanted to use.

I, apparently, wrongly assumed that they would design a 'template' if it is needed for the development of the site from scratch.

I ended up looking at templatemonster.com and I have no idea what criteria I should be looking at when choosing a template.

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A template is basically just the layout of the sites content.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you found someone who can't/won't/or is incapable of designing a site and only wants to code it. You need someone who has both design and coding skills, or two people, one a designer and one a coder. Look around until you find several different sites (not necessarily for purchase templates) that have elements in them that you like, and then look for someone to design and code the site for you. Give them examples of sites you like and explain what functionality you are looking for. You might try Sitepoint's design contests too!