SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Zoubinette's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Software for getting quality links

Hi, did any of you look/use SEO Elite (www.seoelite.com or any of their affiliates)? The main feature of this package is to help you find quickly high ranking websites that are related to your keywords, and automate the link exchange submission process.

From what I've seen recently, off-site SEO is increasingly where it's at. So ...

It's $167.00 and yes, one can do it all by hand for sure. But is it worth it?

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No. And there's no such things as software that gets you quality links. If it were that easy then everyone would use it. And then it would be worthless because everyone would have the same links.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You still have to DIY ...

Oh, the software just doesn't spit out "quality links", you still have to do a lot yourself (dang! ;-) ), but some parts are automated, like for example finding the appropriate sites according to rank, popularity, relevance of keywords, etc.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to get quality links is to have a site that people actually want to link to - no software can do that for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp View Post
    The only way to get quality links is to have a site that people actually want to link to - no software can do that for you.
    Yes, that's the *first* thing, I agree!!!

But it's not the only thing, because you also need to find sites that may want to link to you because their content is related to yours. So you have to find them, and ask them. I'm trying to find a way to do it that is not too overwhelming ;-).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoubinette View Post
    Oh, the software just doesn't spit out "quality links", you still have to do a lot yourself (dang! ;-) ), but some parts are automated, like for example finding the appropriate sites according to rank, popularity, relevance of keywords, etc.
    Doing a search in google for keywords will do the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sometimes use IBP just to see who is linking to my competitors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll look into those tools too. I'll also try to Google a couple of sites, see what their page rank is and their popularity, and see who they link to and especially who links to them, although I don't know how to determine that. Any ideas?

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the end, you need actual people to visit your site, participate on your site, and link to your site. So the question is how can you get actual people to want to do these things?
    When you have the answer to this, you will do quite well.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the ultimate question is - what is a quality link and how can you tell that it's quality?

And don't tell me that a site with high PR is a sign that links coming from that site will automatically be classified as "quality".

Sorry, I should add that the question was really rhetorical - the fact is that no tool is going to help you identify the links that you really need.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From the Search Engine Optimization FAQ:

What is a quality link?

A quality link is:

1) On topic (The page linking to your page is about the same main topic)
    2) Ranked well for the keyphrase you are after (In the top 1,000)
    3) Contains the keywords you wish to rank well for
    4) Has high PR (PR 4 or higher)

I left out high traffic because that is irrelevant from an SEO point of view. But if you're looking at the big picture that would be #5.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's nice Stymiee but are you sure that definition is correct - or is it just someone's opinion of what Google might think is quality link?

I don't think that Google actually says what it considers to be a quality link and until it does people's opinions are exactly that - just opinions.

Oh ... and by the way ... the reference to PR in that definition shows just how far out of date it really is - if you're serious about SEO then you'll know that PR gives nothing but bragging rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartL View Post
    Oh ... and by the way ... the reference to PR in that definition shows just how far out of date it really is - if you're serious about SEO then you'll know that PR gives nothing but bragging rights.
    I wouldn't say that is true anymore.. PR was great, then PR was useless, I feel the wind has turned again. Its certainly not mega important, but I've seen it have more of an effect then 6-8 months ago..

Also stymiee is absolutely correct in his +PR4 statement, having a high PR inbound will encourage Google to crawl your site deeper, get all those pages indexed and help get rid of any supplemental problems you might have.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's nice Stymiee but are you sure that definition is correct - or is it just someone's opinion of what Google might think is quality link?

I don't think that Google actually says what it considers to be a quality link and until it does people's opinions are exactly that - just opinions.
    That is a good definition of a quality link. Read around the forums. You'll see it reiterated many times.

Very untrue. Read this blog post to get a food understanding of PR.