SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Code to automatic resize a page

Forexample this page here:

what i want is the code so that i can put in the popup.php so that automatically resizes the page to a poupsize, if someone tries to access it by that above URL. So u see the page as popup resized instead of full page.

I have seen this somewhere, but i cant figure out the code.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy bluedreamer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt mean this. I meant if you have a page lets say a normal html page and if someone opens it, then that html pages gets automatically resized to fx 300x500

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1. Web pages can't change the size of the existing browser window unless the owner of the browser has lowered their browser security settings to allow it.

2. You can nominate a size for a new browser window opened via Javascript but it is still up to the browser owner whether they set their browser to pay attention to the size specified or to ignore it and use the default.

3. Properly designed web pages adjust themselves to fit the available space in the browser window.

4. Remember that mobile phone browsers are limited by the size of the mobile phone window and so few of them could display a window as big as 300x500.

5. Remember that webTV uses a fixed sized browser window with width of 542 pixels and there is absolutely nothing that you can do to change it.

6. Remember that web readers don't display anything, they just read out the content in the order it appears in the source.

If you design your web page in accordance with these limitations then your page will be usable by the greatest number of visitors.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">