User Tag List

Hikari silver trophy artistsneverdie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Popup Tooltips Using CSS/ Divs...

Hey guys,

I'm currently developing a GUI for a large commercial gaming project and I've come across a problem I can't seem to solve.

I'm trying to develop a system, where the user can hover the mouse over a link/ image/ button or whatever and have a div popup positioned relatively to that link/ image, rather than being positioned absolutely on the page. This is because the posistion of the link or image will always vary from page to page.

What I guess I'm trying to create is something along the lines of the alt tag descriptions you see when hovering over an image with an alt tag in a browser.

Is there anyway to do this, as I can produce it when the element is at the same position on the page, but not when the element is at different posisitons all the time?

Unfortunately I can't show a demo version of the site as it's under a very strict NDA.

Javascript is a viable solution, it doesn't have to be strict CSS only.

If I'm not being specific enough, or if anyone has any ideas please let me know as I'm completely stumped.

Thanks as always.
    www.hikaridesign.com | Contemporary Design
    Won some awards here once upon a time...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would something like this help you ?

http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/...d-tooltip.html

I know this is for forms ... but you should be able to apply it to text, images and other things and with it being css and javascript .. you can theme it as you desire.

Hope that helps you a bit.

Chris