SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LLLL Domains with PR 1-4

I have a question for experienced domainers. How/Why does a LLLL domain obtain a PR of 1,2 or 3?

Let me clarify. I'm specifically referring to LLLL domains that already have a PR of 1-3, but do not have a website. I have a program that scans for dropped domains with a PR >1 and I've picked up about 100 LLLL domains in the past few days. Just curious how these sites get a PR3 for example.

And, if you use these in creating inbound links to other sites in your portfolio, would it improve PR 0 sites?

In the rapidly shrinking world of LLLL domains, would these domains be more valuable than unranked LLLL domains?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you get PR from inbound links... period. They may not have websites now, but they might have at one point..

LLLL domains are valuable from the user point of view, because they are easy to type. If you used all of these to link to a domain, you could increase it's PageRank, but really you aren't going to make it rank any better, as PR doesn't have too much to do with rankings. Relevance is the thing you want to look for..

A high PR domain can be valuable, but if you change the content you run a large risk of losing a lot of inbound links, which may set alarms bells ringing at G-HQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. So would you suggest trying to see a snapshot of an archive of the site in the past, and replicate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if that's what you want your site about =)