SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    problem of the link on the flash movie

    Happy holidays fellas,
    I have a problem of the link on the flash movie, not sure why the a href code cannot be working on the exported flash movie? Any suggestion will be appreciated!
    Code:
    <a href="http://www.nba.com">[/b]<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="100" height="84">
                <param name="movie" value="flash/index_B.swf?3d images=#" />
                <param name="quality" value="high" />
                <embed src="flash/index_B.swf?3d images=#" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100" height="84"></embed>
          </object>[b]</a>

  2. #2
    [Biped] LJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In My Jammies
    Posts
    761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi -
    I'm afraid you'll have to edit the .fla file in order
    to make the .swf a link to another site using getURL.

    El
    F-Fox 2.0 :: WIN :: el design :: US

  3. #3
    padawan silver trophybronze trophy markbrown4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,116
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I down-save as well, I export standard flash movies with links as version 6 - It seems to work more of the time

  4. #4
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LJK View Post
    Hi -
    I'm afraid you'll have to edit the .fla file in order
    to make the .swf a link to another site using getURL.

    El
    I have no problem to getURL in the Fla file, but I wanted make a link outside of swf on the html page just like the code that I pasted, not sure there is a way around it?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markbrown4 View Post
    I down-save as well, I export standard flash movies with links as version 6 - It seems to work more of the time
    I have no problem to getURL in the Fla file, but I wanted make a link outside of swf on the html page just like the code that I pasted, not sure there is a way around it?

    Thanks

  6. #6
    padawan silver trophybronze trophy markbrown4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,116
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have no problem to getURL in the Fla file, but I wanted make a link outside of swf on the html page just like the code that I pasted, not sure there is a way around it?
    The best way is to have the link within the flash movie itself like LJK said, but I suppose you could absolutely position a link(of the same dimensions as the movie) over the top if you needed to keep it separate.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markbrown4 View Post
    The best way is to have the link within the flash movie itself like LJK said, but I suppose you could absolutely position a link(of the same dimensions as the movie) over the top if you needed to keep it separate.

    Could you make a sample of code for this suggestion, I am a little bit confused about it.

  8. #8
    padawan silver trophybronze trophy markbrown4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,116
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Something like this..
    Code:
    <div style="position: relative">
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="100" height="84">
                <param name="movie" value="flash/index_B.swf?3d images=#" />
                <param name="quality" value="high" />
                <embed src="flash/index_B.swf?3d images=#" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100" height="84"></embed>
          </object>
    <a href="http://www.nba.com" style="position: absolute; width: 100px; height:84px; top: 0; left: 0;"></a>
    </div>
    Note: This is not a good solution! Why are you opposed to linking from flash?

  9. #9
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markbrown4 View Post
    Something like this..
    Code:
    <div style="position: relative">
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="100" height="84">
                <param name="movie" value="flash/index_B.swf?3d images=#" />
                <param name="quality" value="high" />
                <embed src="flash/index_B.swf?3d images=#" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100" height="84"></embed>
          </object>
    <a href="http://www.nba.com" style="position: absolute; width: 100px; height:84px; top: 0; left: 0;"></a>
    </div>
    Note: This is not a good solution! Why are you opposed to linking from flash?

    Thanks so much, I realized it. I guess that will be only easy way for this issue.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •