SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Reciprocol Linking

Will it help me at all if I have someone linking to me with just my site name? I'm talking about one PR4 site and one PR5 site. Will this increase my pagerank?

What if I'm already optimized for a specific keyword (I'm on page 2). Will this bring me up to page 1 even though the new links are not optimized for the keyword?

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerZF View Post
    Will it help me at all if I have someone linking to me with just my site name? I'm talking about one PR4 site and one PR5 site. Will this increase my pagerank?
    All links transfer PR (except for those using 'nofollow' or banned from Google).

What if I'm already optimized for a specific keyword (I'm on page 2). Will this bring me up to page 1 even though the new links are not optimized for the keyword?
    Most likely not. Not only because you don't have the anchor text you want to rank well for but Google seems to have devalued reciprocal links anyway.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Google has devalued reciprocol links...what if I link them with "nofollow"? Will they give my link more value? Or what if I use a redirect script instead of a direct link?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of that is going to help you. What you want is to build a site that offers something people will want to link to without anything in return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Google has devalued reciprocol links...what if I link them with "nofollow"? Will they give my link more value? Or what if I use a redirect script instead of a direct link?
    First, hardly you will find someone who link to you even after knowing that you are using nofollow or redirect in reciprocal. Everyone exchanges links for better link popularity.

If you are on second page and position is somewhat stable, try to get one way links by directory submissions -- there are many hundreds free directories available out there. Other than that you can write an article and submit to article directories.
    These are the easiest way to get one-way links and I hope you can rise to first page after a couple of dozens links.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google not actually give reciprocals zero value, but force site owners to use other ways of link building, like directories, articles, press releases, social bookmarking, blogging, participate in forums and communities with your link in signature. You can also buy links on relevant sites with few outgoing links, but do it right.

SitePoint Enthusiast Chris Auman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Dan. You really need to focus your efforts on building a site that people want to link to. One way links are the way to go.