SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outlook Express Question . . .

I just dumped bCentral's Listbuilder (because the service is down frequently, and it's overpriced)

I'm going to be using Outlook Express to compose message for my e-mail list, and I've split my list into 2 parts: those people that get HTML messages, and those that get TEXT messages.

I can handle the HTML part, no problem.

I'm wanting to know if my TEXT recipients will actually recieve a text version if I compose their messages using OE's default settings (new times roman, as the font)

I have to send out the first message tomorrow, and I'm wanting to attempt to get things right for my text recipients.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed?

Thanx,
    Rockrz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Outlook Express Question . . .

Originally posted by Rockrz
    I'm wanting to know if my TEXT recipients will actually recieve a text version if I compose their messages using OE's default settings (new times roman, as the font)
    I would advise you to send an e-mail to any yahoo account of yours and login to webmail (mail.yahoo.com) and check it out yourself. Don't trust your settings in Outlook Express to be what you think them to be.
    -*-
    B-School Forums - GMAT / MBA / Admissions discussions
    -*-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to "Format" in your menu bar and set it to "Plain Text" (as oppposed to "Rich Text (HTML)"), it should theoretically send out plain text, but TheRock is right, you should test it first by sending it to an account that only accepts plain text (not a web-based account like Yahoo! or Hotmail as you won't be able to tell the difference if it was true plain text or not).

In my experience, sending "Plain Text" with OE really does send plain text.