User Tag List

Thread: Sudden Dump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sudden Dump

Hello,

Have you guys noticed a huge earning loss these days? Since yesterday I have been making just 40-50% of what I was making before. It is really sad...I just don't get it. I see the same advertisers as before yesterday on the ads and the revenue drops so low. Damn holidays!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same, here. I have more traffic than ever and am making 20% - 30% less.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange, however it can because of the advertisers budget this month due to holiday spending (low ppl). I say it is strange because my revenue has increased largely (from $15 a day to $34) although I have recently updated the MFA blocking list.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My story is the other way round- two weeks ago my earning went down the hill but my clicks went up. I blocked some ads and including googles adsense own ads for about a week. I unblocked everything two days ago and my earning is back to normal.

Block your ads, the most frequent ones on your sites- if certain advertisers recieve a lot of clicks from you and they are are paying good per CPM, they will start paying you little once they realize that the clicks from your sites are not generating them customers. So block them, let the system refresh, and after a week or two allow those ads back and you should be up to normal....at least this is what I figured. The same ads now earning the same as before.

Smart pricing - learn to play with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't get it. i place few advertiser's links in my competitive ad filter and they still show up...after few hours still...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they say 4 to 5 hrs but thats crap. It took them 24 to 48hrs to filter my ads. Filter the most frequent one for about a week or so. They dont have to be MFAs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The week between Christmas and New Years is generally pretty slow across the board (especially if your site is business-related in any way). This is actually the second year in a row where December 31 is shaping up to be my lowest overall traffic day.
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is so sad...it's like an apocalypse. i'm making like 30% of what I used to make with x2 traffic.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i changed the site design a week ago and i saw the drop right away (same content though) But i guess this is due to end of the year stuff or whatever i don't know.. i might put my old site up just for kicks and see if rates will go back up